This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Parish News

A Little History of the Parish Architecture and Appointments

A Little History of the Parish Architecture and Appointments

Trinity was consecrated by Bishop George Upfold in 1859. It was designed by notable architect Frank Wills, who may be best known for having designed “The Little Church Around the Corner” in New York. A parishioner at the time had a connection “back East”, and that’s how the architect was secured.
It has had several different organs, but the current pipe organ dates from the 1980s. We are really excited to hear it play all the great Anglican hymns. One of our outreach events will be hosting hymn-sings with guest organists.
Speaking of organists, if you know anyone in that region who might be willing to direct us to an organist, that would be very helpful. Do keep this in your prayers as well.

Trinity Rectory Gets Much Needed Renovations

Trinity Rectory Gets Much Needed Renovations

Trinity Rectory has been receiving some much needed repairs. To start, we are having the exterior wood siding repaired and painted. This hadn’t been done in many years and was affecting the overall health of the structure. It was built at the same time as the church (1859) but was converted to a parish hall in the 1960s. It will now serve a dual purpose as both rectory and parish hall. We truly want to make it an embassy of Christian hospitality and love with coffee hours, Bible studies, soup dinners, and more all happening in the parish home.
Here are some photos of the exterior work after one coat of paint, and some photos of the untouched interior. The kitchen is spacious enough to provide parish meals, and even includes a large griddle, perfect for pancake suppers. The other photos are of the main room downstairs which is generous and which will be a lovely place to gather with our parish family.

Skip to content